Friday, February 4, 2011

WILD BUNDANOON ALRIGHT!

A sudden storm late Wednesday absolutely brought the wild to our quiet town... A streak of electricity struck a telegraph pole out the front of my house (about thirty feet from where I was standing at the time) and consequently blew fuses various, so my family and I were left without fridge power, a set top box and an oven (not a huge deal in the face of what our poor brothers and sisters up in Queensland have faced of late; it's miraculous more folks weren't annihilated in the core of Cyclone Yasi). The lightning's crack was staggeringly loud. There was no space between lightning and thunder. Smoke drifted down the road just after the snap. I could smell burning, even the soul of God. My son wept. I've never been so close to lightning, so much in awe of lightning. Thankfully, the house didn't burn.

LJ, February 4 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment